Wedding Plans

May 25, 2008

Two weeks from now my dear friend Ginny will be married to Jay. I leave for Wisconsin in a week and a half. Much to do beforehand. Hopefully the alterations on the bridesmaid dress will turn out alright the first time around. . .

I got news last week that my dear friend Judy in California got engaged. She's planning an August 31 wedding.

3 months...

A couple days later came the news that Asian Charlie is also engaged. August 16 for his wedding.

3 months...

Andy likes to think he started the 3 month trend, since his engagement was also 3 months. Whatever...

I could end this blog right here, but instead I'm going to continue and be honest and say that it's been hard for me to see these relationships moving forward, when mine is over.

I remember conversations with Ginny at the start of both our relationships. Both so new, so exciting, so much potential.

Judy and I could have talked for hours about past relationship woes. Then when we both had our guys, I remember sharing in that excitement of new relationships.

I did the same with Charlie. He was passing thru Indiana last summer, and we had this late night conversation in my living room about our brand new relationships. He was so excited. So was I.

I guess I just feel a little left behind. We were all on the same path - Ginny, Judy, Charlie, me. . . The three of them are still on that path progressing forward. But somehow I got left behind. It's like I fell down, but they all kept going.

I guess now I'm getting up, dusting the dirt off, and trying to find a new path. My own path. Unsure of where I'm going, but trusting the One who has laid it out for me.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

May I be reminded of this daily.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow Jen! Very well said/written! You have experienced loss and are still dealing with it. I'm sorry you are having to experience this. However, I love the way you ended this blog! You know that God has a plan for you and His plans are way better than what we could plan for our lives! Keeping you in prayer, especially during this "wedding season"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes LIFE hurts. But we learn and grow from our experiences. Look forward and keep trusting to find what He has especially planned for YOU -- His best! A very exciting prospect.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive