Safety First

May 30, 2008

My dad has gotten really aware/paranoid (take your pick) about self defense and safety practices lately. He’s suddenly concerned with me being alone after dark and walking from my car to my house. The other day I left their place late at night, and he wanted me to phone them when I made it home. Really?!? Why now? I’ve been doing this for years, but suddenly it’s not safe.

He’s taking some pretty drastic measures for his and my mom’s own safety, as you can see below.



And now he’s taking action for my safety as well. He brought a few things to my office this afternoon, and I was hoping one of them would be chocolate (needing my mid-afternoon pick me up). But no. It wasn’t chocolate…



I now own pepper spray. Oh dear...

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I didn't know about his giving you the pepper spray. You should take it when you go for your walks in questionable areas of town. Oh, no! Maybe I am getting paranoid about safety, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah, i had him take that picture, and i told him i was gonna blog about it. and then he said that can be how you find out - by reading my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL This blog made me laugh! We single women get so used to going places alone that sometimes we do forget (at least I forget) that we need to be safe. Again, balance....not neglecting safety..but not being paranoid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mybe he has been talking to my dad because that looks suspiciously like the pepper spray he gave me (does it go on your keychain and is about as big as a small purse:)
    He just recently gave me a paper to fill out for Emma with identifying info to have on hand in case she ever was abducted.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive