It pays to compare

May 30, 2008

Why am I paying big bucks for the fancy South Beach Diet AKA South Beach Living bars - especially when I don't really even like the way most of them taste!


I just recently compared the nutrition facts of a Chocolate Delight flavor of a SoBe Snack Bar with my yummy Quaker Reduced Sugar Chocolate Chip Granola Bar and was surprised at how similar they actually are.



Serving Size:

Quaker - 24 g SoBe - 28 g


Calories:

Quaker - 100 SoBe - 100


Total Fat:

Quaker - 3.5 SoBe - 3


Sodium:

Quaker - 75 mg SoBe - 150 mg


Total Carbs:

Quaker - 17 g SoBe - 18 g


Sugars:

Quaker - 5 g SoBe - 4 g


Fiber:

Quaker - 3 g SoBe - 3 g



When I eat the South Beach bars I feel deprived and like I'm eating cardboard and twigs and stuff. When I eat the chocolate chip granola bar I feel like I just had dessert. Considering how similar their numbers are, now I know I don't have to feel guilty if I consume the Quakers. :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've recently realized this too! Why oh why didn't I compare labels earlier?!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive