Trip to Greenfield

May 10, 2008

I took a road trip to Greenfield, IN, the other day. Maybe I shouldn't refer to it as a road trip. Road trips are usually with friends, and they're fun. This was a trip for work. Would I describe it as fun?... Eh... parts of it I guess. But overall, it was work. So, let's change that first sentence to "I took a trip to Greenfield, IN, the other day."

I saw a lot of cool stuff, of which I took no pictures. Instead I took pictures of dumb stuff. And now I share it with you and ask for your feedback.

Grrrrr, Mapquest. Grrrrr, Carmel, IN. I don't know who to be upset with. I think ALL internet driver directions/map things are about equal; NONE are perfect. Mapquest is just sort of my default. It told me to take a slight left on IN-431. Too bad the sign makes no reference of IN-431 and instead calls it Keystone Ave. HELLO! I kept driving straight but thought that may have been it. I made a quick call to try to track down someone who knows Indy. Yep, that was it. So, I had to turn around, and then there was no entrance for it going the other way. So I turned around again to catch it. Good thing I left early!



Are KFC's getting a new look? This one I saw certainly looked more updated than their usual.

I'm currently obsessed with "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure." The other day the phrase "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K." kept running thru my head. So, when I saw this Circle K I got VERY excited!! Turns out there are quite a few of them along my route that I had just apparently never noticed before.

I absolutely HATE this house on US 31. I have seen it countless times, and every time I think about how much I hate it. I remember when the owners did this front addition/extension strange thing. It took awhile, and then when it was like this I thought "Surely they're not finished!!" They are. It's something I feel sick upon seeing, yet I can't look away. Your thoughts?

To sum up the day, it was a very early morning. Coffee helped. A fine drive down. A great venue that we met in! Mingling, networking, speaking. I gave a GREAT presentation. I was thrilled that I got to speak first, and I set the bar high. Luncheon, more meetings. Let me tell you - it was quite a productive afternoon meeting; I came up with ELEVEN ideas!

Our time together concluded with a downtown walking tour. Wonderful commercial and residential buildings, and we also went inside the courthouse and theatre to see marvelous restorations. Along the tour a new cafe was pointed out to us. It's was their first day of business, and they specialize in cupcakes and popcorn, what fun! I liked their decor - blue and green!

I got to stop at a shop on my way out of town and found a CUTE jacket on clearance. Then I hit the road and faced a lot of traffic and a lot of rain. It was not a pleasant ride home. I became incredibly bored and antsy and just wanted to be done driving! I did a lot of singing and dancing to entertain myself and eventually made it back home. Long day. The end.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. That house is so weird. It looks as though it is ready to topple over forward. WHY would anyone do that to a house? What were they thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your blog posts. I just HAVE to comment on this house. I took a picture of it with my phone when I was coming back from SB. I have told my family about this very "unique" house and just had to take a picture of it to show them how weird it was. I must say, you got a better picture than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know it's not just me who finds this house so gross.

    Sar, feel free to swipe my pic for your fam. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive