Stir-crazy

May 14, 2008

Do you think the McD's employees hate me because I ask them to stir my coffee after they add my 3 Splenda and 1 creamer?

Andy always expresses his annoyance when I insist upon stiring my coffee.

"Why?!? It was already mixed in because I put it on the bottom! The coffee stired it! You don't need to stir it again!" It drives him crazy. I don't think he's the only one.

I kind of always expect a reaction when I ask the McD employee to stir my coffee. Like raised eyebrows meaning, "Are you serious?" or rolled eyes. Or I expect other employees to overhear my request and look up to see me because I think they talk about me, "It's the crazy stir-my-coffee customer again!" They hear about me, and they need to know who I am. They need to see who the high maintenance picky coffee customer is.

But I never get any reaction. None.

Hmm, high maintenance. I used to pride myself on not being high maintenance. Then the more I needed or demanded or wanted desperately, the more I thought, Ok, maybe I am high maintenance. Just not in ways I would typically think of as high maintenance.

I saw a girl last night at the cafe, a sweet adorable girl who I hope to become better friends with, who had a ton of Sephora makeup in her fancy big leather purse. And I thought, That will never be me. I've never been big into makeup or hair or designer clothes. . . I'm really a pretty simple girl. Except, I guess, when it comes to my coffee.

PS, How much do you love the title of this blog? I'm pretty proud of it! :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Blog Archive