Dress Update & Unexpected Blessings

May 30, 2008

My seamstress called me yesterday to see if there would be any way I could come over to try on the dress right after work. Well, it was totally out of my way, and there was other stuff I wanted to get done (hello, um, pedicure…), but of course I went.

On the way over, she called again to let me know that their dinner was ready and she asked if she should put it on hold or something. I didn’t know what she meant by that, so I told her what intersection I was at, and then she said, “Ok, we’ll wait til you get here then.”

Wow, a real meal! Do you have any idea how rare that is?!? It was such a blessing to dine with this couple. The husband prayed before the meal, and I felt so honored how he prayed for me, thankful that I could join them and that they could get to know me better, prayer for the dress, that it would fit properly, and prayer for the wedding, for safety traveling, and even for my future husband, wow!

And then we got to talk, and learn more about one another. And I got to watch them interact, which was a lot of fun. In the last year or so I’ve been very observant of how couples behave, noting what I admire and what I hope to someday emulate. I love when couples know each other so well they know what kind of cappuccino to bring home for their spouse or how much their spouse loves peach ice cream, so they bring it to them. Not just asking, “Hey, you want a cappuccino?” or “Hey, you want some ice cream?” They just know. And they just do.

I tried the dress on, and it’s definitely snug, which scares me. But it was still gapping in front. Ugh! So, she’s going to take it in another ½ inch. And we’ll see then what happens. The straps are looking good. She had some issues with the fabric earlier curling in, so she had to add something to prevent that. She’s good. A good seamstress and a good lady with a sweet, tender heart married to a man with the same heart.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Aww! I'm so glad you had this awesome experience! Thanks for encouraging me on my "blog walk"! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive