The Weinermobile

June 30, 2008

Last week I got a first hand experience with the Weinermobile. I had seen it once before back in high school. It was cool then.

This time though I was really interested in learning about life within the Weinermobile. I got to meet the drivers, Larissa and Amanda, whose official title is "Hot Doggers" and visit with them and get to know them.

They had just come from an event in Des Moines. The gig in South Bend was actually just their second event since they began traveling. They are with the Weinermobile for a full year with all their belongings packed into one suitcase (eek!).

I liked these girls because they are getting their full experience in each town they travel to. They stayed at a local historic B & B (The Oliver Inn, might as well give 'em a plug. I know the owners, and they're great!) to actually interact with other people rather than staying holed up in a generic Holiday Inn hotel room where you don't even know or care what city you're in.

They asked for recommendations of local places, cafes, restaurants, etc. to visit, which I was more than happy to provide! I love promoting local businesses! They certainly weren't looking to dine at an Applebee's that, again, would be no different from the Applebee's in the next town or state over.

So, I gave suggestions, and they took them. And I ran into them at other places around town. I went to see them out at their promotional event to take some pictures and make sure I got to say goodbye.

I got my official WeinerWhistle, was privileged enough to receive a private tour of the inside of the vehicle (which they weren't offering to anyone else at this event, woot woot!), and got to watch the Hot Doggers in action. Very fun & memorable for sure!

My first sighting of the Weinermobile!


Larissa going inside. I love the beautiful fountain with the Weinermobile behind it!



Out at the Martin's Kids Day for Roofsit


What fun!


All sorts of facts about the Weinermobile!


Back seats


Front seats (there were also 2 middle seats; it's quite spacious)


Come on - you KNEW I'd have to do it too!

I had actually just had the "Premium Beef Franks" for dinner the night before, and they were seriously so good! I don't think I've ever loved a hot dog so much!


Me and my new buds Amanda & Larissa!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive