Processing

June 02, 2008

I honestly don’t know how I have made it thru the day with as much strength as I have. Perhaps a couple reasons – 1) coffee and 2) prayer. I know a lot of people have been praying for me, and I need it.

I got a combined total of 3-4 hours of sleep last night. It’s all a blur now. But I have committed to going to bed early enough to get 7-8 hours. So, I’m trying to wind down. It’s very difficult when I’ve been all “go, go, go!” all evening.

I came home, made To Do lists, tried to consolidate into one list of items I needed to get when I ran errands tonight, got laundry started, got supper started, forced myself to eat random leftovers since I will be out of town for a few days, dealt with phone calls, put the laundry into the dryer, had everything ready to go, purse packed and everything when it suddenly started pouring raining. I mean so hard you couldn’t see. Combined with a lot of rumbling thunder, I knew there was no way I was gonna drive in it. So, suddenly all my plans changed and I stayed home. That was good too. I mean, I have a ton to do, and I was frantically running around trying to get it all done. So, I just ended up doing all my at home stuff tonight, and tomorrow I’ll run errands instead (including hopefully a pedicure FINALLY!!).

Ugh, there’s just so much to do.

I’m still processing a lot from the weekend. I’m going through a lot of emotions that I just can’t talk about yet. I’m meeting with someone tomorrow who has gone through a similar thing, and I’m so grateful. Just a 2 minute phone conversation, and a 2 paragraph email alone gave me great encouragement and hope.

I know most of you don’t know details of what happened, but I’d still appreciate your prayers. It’s been beyond rough, beyond words, and there’s a long road ahead.

Thanks.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive