Ouch!

June 16, 2008

Awhile ago I had a little surgery that left a scar. The scar has not healed well. Turns out my body has a condition where it actually tries to prevent healing. My body fights against healing. How strange.

This has caused the scar to become enlarged and swollen. So, my doctor started the first round of steroid injections into the scar today. She said the scar is pretty hardened with the way it has become, so I probably wouldn't feel the injection. HA! I felt all 3, and it HURT! Even the last one, apparently it was in a location that she doubted would be felt and asked "Do you feel this one?" "Yes!" I yelped. She responded, "You are really sensitive!"

It will take months of treatment for the bad scar to become a good scar. This sucks. And I also need x-rays for another unrelated issue. It never ends...

And why am I sooooooooo tired?!?! My morning's coffee kick is apparently wearing off. Sigh...

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. If it's any consolation, I've been yawning like CRAZY. Even when I try to sneak in a yawn, Jay catches me. Nothing is hidden from him.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive