Beach

June 02, 2008

I have a love/hate relationship with the beach. Over the weekend I somehow managed to escape the . . . "event" for awhile with a trip to the beach, and I'm pleased to say it was definitely a loving moment.

A few of us went to celebrate Jeanna's birthday. The weather was PERFECT - sunny, but not too hot, with a nice breeze. The company was great. I was at peace. I was away from everything else and I didn't have to think about it for a few hours. What a nice little getaway.

After leaving the beach we decided to explore the downtown of Saint Joseph. Oh my gosh, SO CUTE! I was introduced to Kilwin's ice cream. If you ever go there, you HAVE to try the Toasted Coconut flavor. It's heaven in a waffle cone.

It was such a fun afternoon!! Thank you, Jeanna, and happy birthday!!


Jeanna the Birthday Girl, Lindsay from Nebraska, Stephen the Marathon Runner, Andrew, me, Jen took the pic, and there were a couple other guys who were gone by this point.

Andrew and Stephen being silly boys

Andrew and Jen with her cute new dress!

Andrew trying out Laura's (how did I not get a picture of Laura?!) fun rockin' beach chair.


Exploring downtown with my new bag (thank you Shop-Ko!)

I may have had a little too much fun at Kilwin's. I had to apologize to the other patrons.
a) what is an "Indiana Style" hot dog and b) why would you want it???

Yah, I have issues because I am such a slow eater. This is why I never get cones.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I would have liked some more captions on the photos -- is Andy "driving" a dune-mobile in that one pic or what? I agree St Joe has a neat little downtown; of course, it has been a while since I was there -- a long while. Looks like you all had a fun time at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, is that a new purse you have? Cute. Looks perfect with your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had a good time - and I'm sorry to hear about all the hard stuff you are dealing with right now. I've been praying for you...

    It was so great to see you and get to share in the awesomeness of Toasted Coconut ice cream from Kilwin's along with the odd yet yummy-ness of carrots and peanut butter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog! Glad you managed to have some fun w/ all you have going on! My sis lives blocks...well maybe a mile from DT ST and Silver Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you say you got the bag at "SHOP-KO"? When? Where? I don't remember seeing it before.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive