Long Day

June 24, 2008

I'm doing a kids architectural camp this week. It's tiring. The kids go from adorable to annoying within minutes.

I had a GREAT visit with my new DO (Doctor of Osteopathy). I'm so grateful for good doctors! He did a lot of work on me, and I feel better. My X-rays were ok. He's more concerned with my sleeping problems of late. Also, apparently I use a lot of muscles when I should be using other muscles, so I'm meeting with a Physical Therapist to try and retrain my muscles.

I had an Oscar Mayer premium beef frank for dinner tonight, and it was actually REALLY good. I hope to go see the Weinermobile and the Hot-Doggers (the girls who drive the weinermobile) one last time tomorrow. It's been fun seeing them around town and getting to promote South Bend to them!

I spent the most money ever for a gas purchase in my car. It was below empty. I was fortunate enough to get it for 3.87. But to fill it up cost over $45. Wow, that's a LOT of money for just GAS!

I went for my first real bike ride this evening! Everything else before was about 60 second bike rides. I was very nervous, and I really struggled with 90 degree turns. I also got pretty nervous when I came across anyone else in my path.

Then I went for a walk and watched a bunch of people rafting down the East Race . I am thinking about trying it, but don't know how many fears I can handle facing at one time. Baby steps.

Right now I just need to be concerned with another day of getting up early for camp.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yeppers! The pump really is painful! :) It cost me $50.00 to fill up on Friday before I left for Milwaukee, then I put in another $38.25 to fill it up to head back. Good thing I have over 1/2 a tank left! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notes in ref to your post: (1)Hope the rest of archecamp goes well this week. (2) Glad you feel better after seeing your DO -- Is anything planned re your sleep problems? (3)The hot dog sounds good about now (must be close to lunchtime). (4)You don't even want to know how much it costs to fill up the van when it is low!!! (Just know that $45 would be a bargain -- but the reason it is so expensive is because the van has a large gas tank). (5)I still say it was so nice of Stephanie to let you use her bike while she is gone this summer -- or were you using Jen's bike yesterday? Either way, keep on biking! (6) I want to watch when you decide to go on that East Race raft! I will get some pictures. (7) Have a good day, Sweeetie!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive