Coffee Complaint

June 20, 2008

This morning waking up in a Crowder Coma, I knew I was gonna need some coffee and decided to go with the classic Micky D’s.

I ordered my regular “Medium coffee with 3 splenda and 1 creamer. And could you stir it please?”

Somehow I ended up with a large. This is not the first time this has happened.

I always wonder why they do this. Do they recognize me/my order and know what I good regular customer I am? Doubtful.

Maybe the employees just don’t know their correct cup sizes.

Maybe just be looking at me this morning, she knew I really needed a large.

Whatever the case, on one hand, I’m grateful for the extra pick me up. But there’s also the fact that the different size of coffee = more coffee, which offsets the whole formula of the splenda & creamer.

Don’t people realize this??? Or am I the only one who is aware of such ratios?

Another example – sitting at a restaurant or diner with breakfast and a cup of coffee, my cup is CONSTANTLY being refilled. This irritates me for TWO reasons:

1) it’s the whole ratio thing again that’s off.
2) my half cup was cool enough to drink, and now it’s scalding hot again.

Coffee isn’t supposed to be this difficult. Then again, maybe I’M the difficulty, huh?. . .

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. "Maybe the employees just don’t know their correct cup sizes."

    Statistically, more than 80% of women do not know their true cup size. Maybe you are being a little harsh on the McDonald's workers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY get your frustration. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Maxine's, but I get thrown off when they refill my cup before I'm done. I have to guess to get to the correct color and taste. Boo.

    I feel that way anyplace that refills a not empty cup, not just beloed Maxine's...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SOOOOO glad to know it's not just me who feels this way and that someone else "gets it"!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive