I Have Returned

June 08, 2009

I am back in The Bend. But this morning I woke up in Vegas after just 3 hours of sleep. My sweet honey dragged himself out of bed too to take me to the airport at 4 in the morning. What a guy!!

It was a wonderful trip to Vegas and Los Angeles, and a great time away from the routine and also away from Facebook, email, and blogs. Instead I spent time interacting with people in real life, which I think is the best way to really connect with people.

I spent time with my boyfriend (of course), his parents (great folks), his older brother Reg (the only brother I hadn't met), Reg's hospitable wife Tere and their 3 fun kids Daniella, Jacelyn, and Vincent.

I spent time seeing old friends, reminiscing about my life out west. I spent time talking, laughing, playing, worshipping, relaxing, enjoying, being. Being in the present, being grateful for so many blessings.

There are times when I am overwhelmed by feelings of gratitude. Feelings of being so blessed, thinking what did I ever do to deserve all these blessings. My eyes tear up. It's too much to keep in.

I am continually amazed by God's lavish grace and love to me - from who He has put in my life to even blessing me with a ridiculous amount of leg room on my flight home! He's so good to me!


My Dad & brother greeted me at the airport upon my return. They even had lunch for me! I went home to change, grabbed a coffee from McD's to recharge me for the day, and headed out to New Carlisle (30 minutes west) to work on our upcoming kids architecture camp. It was a good meeting, but I think we're both nervous about how the day camp will actually go. It's tomorrow. Ask me, and I'll let you know.

I have to head in to the office in a bit to finish some more preparations for the camp. Tomorrow is gonna be an early morning - and a long day. My goal is to stay up now (rather than taking a nap like I want) and then go to bed early and hope that I can quickly return to Eastern Time Zone.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Welcome back! Thanks for the update on your trip--sounds like you had a wonderful time! Selfishly, though, I must admit that I missed your posts while you were away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good time and that you made it back OK. Missed you and can't wait to hear more about the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the post and think everything you said is very cool. Facebook and blogging are mostly cool in regards to staying in touch with those you can't stay in touch with in person (due to geography, or awkwardness). Like it would be awkward if I communicated with you any other way than facebook or blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for spending time with people face-to-face! That is why I never blog very much during our time in the States, or when we've got friends visiting us - just too busy actually spending time with people face-to-face! Glad you had a good time. :-)

    And... is that a picture of In-n-out burgers that I see??? Yum....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diddy Reese?!? Please tell me you found the ice cream and cookie haven! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, what CUTE outfits you had! Were some of those new from Fashion Bug?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive