The Poptart

June 22, 2009

Even though I have a really great dentist & dental assistant, I still dread going. I get very nervous every single time.

I have an appointment today during lunch. So, of all the things I should or shouldn't eat right before seeing the dentist, I decided to eat a poptart for breakfast. Um, yah... Oh well. I'm on this crazy poptart kick, and I am lacking in the grocery department currently.

So, I pulled my poptart out at my desk. My co-worker brought in a toaster awhile ago, which I had thought was weird, but now I appreciate.

Unfortunately my poptart was in four crumbly pieces. Bummer. I always toast the poptart - and scald my fingers trying to get it out. Well, I decided I'd just stick it in the microwave for a few seconds. Maybe 10. As it's warming up, I suddenly recall reading the microwave directions for poptarts years ago and that it said to heat in microwave for literally like 3 seconds. So, I stopped it at 7.

I bit into a corner piece. Yum. It was barely warm but still good. The next piece including the filling. Yipes! Now I know why it said to heat for 3 seconds. The filling gets ridiculously hot. And I totally burned my tongue.

Now off to the dentist I go with a burned tongue and no doubt lots of sugar residue all over my teeth.

Moral of the story: avoid poptarts.

Will I follow my own advice?

Of course not!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I usually bring my toothbrush to work if I have a dentist appt. during or after. Helps get rid of the stuck food so the dentist will never know! :) They always make me nervous too though. Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive