For When I'm Searching For a Different Life

June 25, 2016

There are times I am tired of the monotony of life around here.


Times I want to move to Waco.

Or times I think I can't survive another midwest winter.

But then out of no where, I see a field a cows.

And it makes me love Northern Indiana.

Maybe it has something to do with having just spent an impromptu afternoon/evening with all my family, including this cutie niece of mine.


It makes me grateful that family is so close by.

And as much as we may annoy each other at times (we are family after all),

WE
ARE
FAMILY

And I don't want to leave them.

When I was young and single and freshly out of college I moved far far away out west.  I told myself it would be a season of two years, and that after the two years I could decide what was next.

And that's exactly what I did.

Then after two years I planned to move far far away to the east.  And I got there and knew without a hint of doubt I didn't want to be there.  I didn't want to be away from home, away from family.  I didn't want to have to start all over again with a new home, new friends, new church, new job, new everything.

I wanted familiarity.

And even though familiarity can be old and boring at times...




I find it's also quite comforting.

What about you?  Do you appreciate the same surroundings or do you prefer leaving home and embarking on numerous new adventures?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive