Whirlwind

April 13, 2009

Two weekends in a row out of town. I usually try to avoid that. But sometimes you just can’t help it. Last week was visiting my college roomie Sarah in Marion. This past weekend was 2 ½ hours north into little Hesperia, Michigan, with Josh to spend Easter with his extended family.

And in between the weekends I had something going on every evening – hanging at Andy’s watching 24, shopping with Mom getting good deals and finally buying new towels for my bathroom (!!), painting at Josh’s school, dinner at Josh’s parents’ and making poteca/potica (?) - the famous family sweet bread together.

Friday I took the day off work and rode the train into Chicago with Josh. That was so much fun and very memorable! We visited the Shedd Aquarium and wandered up Michigan Avenue, did some shopping and enjoyed fabulous Giordano’s pizza of course! We took the train back and then went to Jen & Andy’s for a bit. It was a late night.

And Saturday was an early morning. I’m in a new book club for 8 weeks that meets on Saturday morning (what was I thinking?!). After book club, Josh and I headed to his parents and then continued north, stopping for lunch and some shopping. I got to meet LOTS of family and did a pretty good job at remembering most names I think. I slept soundly that night, and Sunday was another early morning with the big, traditional Slovenian breakfast at his aunt and uncle’s house. I was pretty proud of myself for trying all the unique foods.

Then we went to the Presbyterian church in town for Easter service. It was fun to sing the old traditional Easter hymns I grew up on. Then Joshy and I went to the dam on the north part of town to watch the fish trying to jump upstream. It was so cool to see them leaping, and the water was so soothing. We later went to another aunt and uncle’s for Easter lunch with another huge group of family members.

I ended up getting home by about 5:00 as neither of us wanted to stay out too late. I changed into loungewear and was gearing up to do laundry when I thought I should call my family to let them know I had made it back home. Turns out they were celebrating Easter at my sister-in-law’s family’s, so I joined in the fun over there for the evening. Our two families always have LOADS of fun together.

Laundry will still be there tomorrow. In my life, people will always take priority over laundry. Hey – looks like I might be learning something from my book club book “Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World”! Yea!

The whirlwind continues as I was just reminded that I still have taxes to do! I’m also hoping for pedicures with sister-in-law-in-law Charissa and more 24 viewing with Andy. Possibly more painting with Josh. And an upcoming Girls Night with my girls. Then Saturday is the Blue-Gold game.

It continues into the next week as well, but I can only handle a bit at a time. I feel dizzy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive