On the Saturday Before Christmas...

December 20, 2008

This morning, other than the sickness, I woke up very peaceful and content. I slept really well. And I didn't have to wake up early, to an alarm, or to work out. Triple yea!

I talked to a good friend, then visited my sibs and used their coffee grinder. Came back home to drink fabulous coffee and write my Christmas letter. It's the first time I've written one, and now I need to find some pictures to include with it.

I then mustered up the courage to hit Grape Road. The roads are still really bad from the recent snow & ice storm (and they're expecting more!), and of course they were filled with cars. So it took a long time to travel. I hit 4 stores in 1 plaza, only purchasing things at the first store. But it took care of 1 person's gift totally. And a big 1 for another couple. And I even treated myself to a little something for the apartment - aroma sticks, cinnamon scented oil, and a ceramic vase. I've been thinking of these for awhile, and it was 50% off. Yea!

I hurried home (ya know, at about 20mph) and changed clothes, then went over to Jen & Andy's for their Christmas Open House Party. It was very nice. Their place looked great, as always, and the food was wonderful too! Nice to visit with friends there as well!

Today is my parents' 33rd anniversary. My dad somehow knew exactly what my mom wanted to do to celebrate. Dinner Theatre at the Roundbarn seeing It's a Wonderful Life on stage. Awww, isn't that sweet?!

Well, even though I'm not feeling tired, I need to rest so I'll head to bed with a book, and no doubt I'll be out soon enough.

I still have to get a couple more small gifts for a couple more people. Sigh... And I was planning on buying light this year. What happened??

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I gave absolutely NO clues/hints/suggestions that I wanted to see the musical of It's a Wonderful Life at the Roundbarn Theatre for our anniversary. Yet, some friends of mine can attest to the fact that I wanted to see it, and no, they didn't tell him either. One friend even told me that if I didn't get to see it for our anniversary, she would go with me after Christmas! But Dad came through. He told me he reserved the tickets about 6 wks ago. I had no idea and was very pleasantly surprised by the entire day. our day couldn't have been more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those aroma sticks (with the cinnamon scent) and a little vase or container sound like a nice thing to me, too. I had sorta been thinking of that. O-o-o-o another possible gift for me, that person who is so hard to buy for...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops! that last comment was supposed to be from MOM not M. I hit the wrong key

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive