Great Day

November 13, 2008

I’m going to have a great day.

This was decided when I woke up at 6:15. On my own. No alarm. I really woke up because I had to pee (I had a lot to drink last night). But I amazingly felt refreshed. NOT sleepy. Do you have any idea how rare that is?!? I mean, do I have to remind you of the name of my blog?

Because of a long day and a worsening headache last night, I went to sleep at 10. So, 8 hours later, my body was refreshed.

After using the bathroom, I instinctively crawled back into bed and then realized if I fell back asleep I’d only wake up feeling tired and groggy later. I started thinking about all I could do if I just got up and stayed up. So I did.

I got a nice hot shower without being rushed. I got into jeans, a t-shirt, and tennies, grabbed an earth friendly cloth bag and headed to the Farmers Market!

This was the earliest I had been there, and things were pretty slow. It was nice because I got to visit more with the employees. I picked out some good coffee beans. I got a basket of pears, and the merchant included a free apple! I picked up a spaghetti squash (I’m being bold here!) and of course my standard bananas.

Then I stopped at Macri’s bakery and picked up a healthy hearty raisin bran muffin, mmmm!

Back home I changed into professional attire before I made it in to the office early.

8 hours later…

I met up with my brother for a visit with a financial adviser and then toured a gym downtown along with my sister-in-law. There was a lot of information consumed over a couple hour period that just got to be a lot to take in.

After a quick change of clothes at home I ran errands in Mishawaka, looking for knee high black boots and then getting groceries. I also enjoyed a decaf skinny peppermint mocha twist from Starbucks. Sidenote: I was trying to go 1 week without coffee, and I just couldn't do it. I made it 6 days, and that was hard!

On the way home I started feeling very contemplative and had a good cry. Isn't it strange how a cry can be good sometimes? I've got a lot of friends heavy on my heart for the circumstances that they are going through. Never far from my thoughts or my prayers. This morning I put a note on my desk at work with their names. I see it often and am reminded to lift them up.

Back at home tonight I caught some of The Office and finally sat down and relaxed for a bit. A long, good day. And, it wasn't freezing cold! We were right about 50, which is the minimum comfortable temperature for me!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday! I love those kind of days!
    I loved the 10 questions posting- thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a strong supporter of a good cry. My friends and I call it emotional diarrhea. We are usually feeling emotional constipation earlier in the day or week and use a good emotional laxative (such as "Bridge to Terabithia, "Brian's Song," or some other sad movie...) to getting the crying going. We like using bodily functions for all of our descriptions.
    All of this was to say that I totally know what you mean by having a GOOD cry. If you are in the mood for a smile, go to youtube and type in "Dane Cook Crying" in the search bar and watch that. Besides the language, it's pretty much hilarious.
    I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive