BRAT Diet TMI

November 15, 2008

So, I have managed to avoid talking about this for awhile, but I can no longer refrain.

I have been sick for about 3 weeks now - upset stomach, digestive problems, and . . . I'll spare you the details, but lots of trips to the bathroom (there's that TMI). And don't forget last week's throwing up! This from someone who hadn't thrown up in 5+ years!

I've kinda just put up with it. Until now, that is. I have tried adjusting my diet, cutting out a LOT of things, adding healthy things, reducing portions, etc. and I'm not seeing any results. I'm VERY tired of it and discouraged right now. I'm feeling miserable, and I'm just exhausted from dealing with this.

I decided to try to focus on the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast). However, a couple days into it, I realized I probably screwed up again, as I was consuming the healthy versions of rice and bread - brown rice, and whole grain, whole wheat bread (I learned that on South Beach). So I just went out to the store again tonight and bought the crappiest, cheapest white bread I could find along with white rice. And I'm eliminating all other additives such as margarine, cinnamon, splenda, etc. I'm still debating if I will add yogurt (an alternative is the BRATTY diet including tea and yogurt).

I'm just tired of this.

I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. I'm hoping I can make it til then.

Ok, hardcore BRAT only diet started tonight. My goal is at least 24 hours, preferably 48. And then we'll see if there's any change. I'd appreciate your prayers. This is hard for me.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh, I am so sorry that you haven't been feeling well! I don't like that one bit! I'll be praying for you! I hope you feel better soon and that you figure out whatever it is that is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're feeling bad! I've been there - a year or so when I lived in NY - I totally understand! I hope you can figure it out and make it through the next few days!! I'll be praying for you!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive