Thanksgiving Thoughts

November 27, 2008

I am SO looking forward to family, food, and fun this long Thanksgiving Weekend! One of the things I like best about Thanksgiving is that it's pretty much a guaranteed 4 day weekend. Unless you work where my sister-in-law does, or J-La, or Lisha. But I've never had to work the day after Thanksgiving. In my opinion that's just plain wrong!

I am going to Chicago suburbs tomorrow (T-day) with "extended family." This means Jen's family. They are nice enough to invite me to family dinners, etc. so they offered this invitation to me as well. Then Friday will be dinner with the fam on the South Side. And also early morning shopping with my mom. I may regret it, but we'll see.

A friend surprised everyone by showing up in town unexpectedly for the holiday weekend, so we are doing brunch at my place Saturday. I'm so excited about it and may have to consider making it a regular event at my place. Hmmm...I do miss having people over on a regular basis.

Well, friends, please take some time to pause and consider all the blessings and bounty God has bestowed upon us. Remember to search for the positive hiding behind the negative. I believe it's always there, whether or not we see it.

Honestly, just thinking about everything I've gone through this past year, I tear up, filled with gratitude for all the Lord has taught me. And He's not done - thankfully. He's currently teaching me patience, and it's a hard one.

I know a lot of my friends are facing tough circumstances right now. I am grateful for you, and I continue to pray for you. May your spirit be amazingly filled with peace and gratitude, in spite of the challenges you face on a daily basis.

Love to all, and have a blessed Thanksgiving.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive