Happy Birthday, Mom!

November 10, 2008

Saturday was my mom’s birthday. We celebrated Sunday. She picked Cracker Barrel (in Elkhart) for her meal, mainly because she wanted to do some shopping in their gift shop!




We had a nice time at the restaurant (once I got past being overwhelmed by the menus),




and I treated everyone to candy sticks for the ride home.



Before getting back on the toll road, Andy found this secret road that he used to go riding on with his high school friends. It WAS pretty fun, and I'm surprised Jim actually participated in driving the mini van fast over this big hill.



While searching for the secret road we found this farm with all kinds of animals. So I, of course, had to get out and pose for pictures.



All the animals started coming towards me and talking to me. It was as if they could sense my fear... I didn't stay out there long before coming back into the van!


After coming back to the Bend, we hung out at Jen & Andy's and had apple pie and ice cream, and then Jen and Andy did some work on my new computer and taught me how to do things on it. It helped a lot. Thanks, guys!

And then I went back home and did laundry, washed dishes, and watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition. And that was my Sunday. The end. Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Fun! I didn't know there was a Cracker Barrel in Elkhart - is it new? Yum yum!!! What did you get to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such a good time. Thanks for the fun, Family!
    Love you all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why didn't I know about the Cracker Barrel?! I love them!
    Jim is getting braver as he matures. Yay for big hills and fast speeds.
    And I love the pictures of you with the animals. Priceless.
    Oh, and happy birthday Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a dumb comment, but I gave my mom that birthday card too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leah, that is too funny! Yah, the card was so fitting I had to get it for her!

    I think the CB has been there for quite awhile. Actually, I think I went there in high school. Maybe it was senior year.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive