Random Tuesday

November 18, 2008

1. Am I the only one who hasn't gotten the digital transformer thing yet for my TV?


2. This morning as I was snuggled up under all my blankets, the radio DJ said it was 15 degrees. 15 degrees!!! That's too cold.


3. I was also shocked to already be hearing school delays - apparently Northern Indiana's snow made national news.


4. Have you ever been given as assignment/task by a supervisor or authority figure that you ethically disagree with? This is my struggle.


5. I'm still trying to find the right venue for my 30th birthday bash. Any local suggestions??


6. How often do you replace the baking soda boxes in your fridge and freezer? Do you know how often they recommend doing it?

7. How much fun will it be going out with friends tonight when all I can order is water???


8. I plan to take my car in for some repairs. Do I go all out hog wild and get everything fixed? Battery, "check engine" light, airbag light, seat belt clip thingy, door handle, brake lights. That's a lot of things to be fixed. What can I afford? Shoot, she also needs an oil change and a deep clean.


9. I think gift cards are the greatest!


10. When I excel in a particular area (IE planning events), it's really really really hard for me to wait and allow someone else to step up and do it. Waiting, waiting, waiting...

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. #4 - Yes, I was asked to do something unethical in my last job...inflate some numbers on some reports. Thankfully, it wasn't my direct supervisor. I prayed a lot about it too and trusted the Lord. Then I discussed the request with my supervisor who agreed it was unethical and spoke to the authority who told me to do it. (phew)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #6 - Kevin and I were JUST debating this, so seeing it in your blog prompted me to look it up. The Arm and Hammer Web site suggests replacing the boxes every 30 days: http://www.armhammer.com/. This seems expensive to me though. I've also heard 3 months, but I'm not sure about the source on that one (maybe just my own head). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah, 30 days! I think that's ridiculous! I just read that on their box when I bought new ones. I thought I was doing good to replace them every year, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4-Yes, at my telemarketing job. (Telemarketers are unethical? Shocker!) We were basically supposed to lie to customers in order to get them to buy the appliance insurance we were selling. As I was weighing what to do (I was 17, and it was my first real job), I was taken off that project and put on a more honest one. The whole job stank--so glad I don't have to do that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. No. And I'm still debating if I am actually going to. It's nice to know that your roommates next semester are providing the T.V.

    2. Yes. Too cold. But, I'd rather be here than in Southern California right now.

    3. National news? That's impressive!

    4. I have not, but a friend has. As an interpreter she was assigned to interpret at a church that she disagreed with, but that's a bit of a different situation.

    5. I still do not know the area well enough. And, I don't get out much...

    6. Baking soda expires? I think I need to call my mom...

    7. Not much fun. Just keep getting refills and change it up occasionally. Lemon? No ice?

    8. I normally go to Firestone and last time I went, I found coupons on their website that I used. That may bring down the total cost a little.

    9. Love them!!!

    10. From the prospective of a student, I would agree. But my difficulties are more with group projects. I have a hard time delegating parts of a project when I think that we will get a better grade if I do most of it.


    I hope that you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replace it when your fridge stinks.
    not ethical is a hard one - my advise - Trust God and do the right thing. In the long run you will be glad you did.
    As far as the car - get what you need safety wise fixed. That other little stuff - while annoying - adds up fast and will probably cost more than you think.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive