Missing Ring

April 04, 2008

The other day I was packing for a weekend away. I decided to sort through some of the items in my bottomless purse too. I emptied the pocket, which I knew contained, in addition to a bunch of random stuff, 2 earrings and my ring. A couple days before, I had put them in there when I went to work out straight after work.


I found the earrings, but I couldn’t find the ring. I double-checked my jewelry box and the shelf in my bathroom where I sometimes leave my jewelry. But I knew it wouldn’t be there because I KNEW I hadn’t taken it out of my purse pocket. I emptied out my entire purse, thinking maybe it slipped out of the pocket into the main compartment of the purse. When it wasn’t in there, I knew it was gone. My precious diamond ring that represents and provides so much to me was gone. Maybe it slipped out and ended up underneath the seat in my car. Or maybe it slipped out sometime while I was getting in or out of the car and it ended up outdoors on the street or in a parking lot.

Maybe it’d turn up months down the road, but for now it was gone. I was close to crying when I looked again at the pile of pocket items and couldn’t believe it.

...

...

...






You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. So.. I finally got around to checking out your blog. I used to blog occasionally but rarely do anymore. I'm thinking about starting another one up again soon. There is something about expressing your feelings publicly that is freeing to the soul. :) Glad to see that you found your most precious ring. I'll check in again soon.

    with much love from your "younger" sissy,

    Cha-Cha

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive