Blogger's Block

August 24, 2008

Yep, I have a definite case of Blogger's Block. By the time I open up my page, whatever I wanted to say is gone. Admittedly, it can take a good long while for my blogspot page to open up. My computer has been running sooooooo slow. I know it won't be long before I will be needing a new one.

Another large expense that will, no doubt, be facing me soon is my car. Good ol' Lulu whom I've had the joy of knowing just over 5 years now has had a number of issues lately. Most recently: muffler/exhaust issues, the check engine light coming on repeatedly, and the fact that she doesn't want to start.

Not good.

I spent today with the fam. It was nice. First I got to sleep in. No alarm set. No set thing to get up for. It was great. And, unlike the last few nights, I actually was able to sleep very well! I was sleeping past 10!

In the last couple days I actually watched some Olympics, which surprises even me! It wasn't by choice necessarily. It was more so just where I was and what was on. It's been a whirlwind of traveling and activities this weekend. I'm so grateful that I have tomorrow off!!

Friday was a long, FULL day in Angola. Things were incredibly stressful as I had people crap out on me repeatedly, falling through with the things they were supposed to do. Things that I had, of course, counted on them doing. So, when they didn't follow through with their responsibilities, the stress was added to me. Where I could I then added things to my To Do list, but most of it there was just no way that I could do it. So, then it reflected poorly on me. And am I really supposed to announce "That was (insert name here)'s responsibility to bring trash cans & trash bags, and she did not." when someone asks me where they can dispose of their plate and bottle?

Anyways, stressful and exhausting for me, but fun and successful for everybody else. Yea!

I then drove 1 1 /2 hours to my friends' in Lansing. I was there 13 1/2 hours, of which I slept probably half of. Hubby Mark made us all a yummy brunch (my new fave!). I enjoyed visiting with Jenny and playing with the kids. It's always a nice time there.

I then hit the road for Three Rivers, MI, to visit friends Mike and Janet and baby Caleb. Always a joy to see them! We visited and told stories and laughed and played with baby for a couple few hours before I was off again. Oh, this is one place where I caught some of the Olympics too.

Next, I met up with J-La to go to the 7:00 service at church and then out for dinner. It had been awhile since we'd hung out, and catching up was long overdue.

After dinner I decided to pick up Krispy Kreme and take them to Jen & Andy's. We visited and enjoyed the donuts and also watched a bit of Olympics then.

11:30 at night, exactly 36 hours after leaving town, I finally arrived home.

That's all for now. More later I'm sure.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thanks for mentioning me in your blog! :) Somehow I missed this blog...until today!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive