Tips

September 24, 2008

So, I'm browsing thru online singles ads. Here are some tips, guys.

Include a picture. But...

Do we want to see your car? Pretty unlikely. If your one profile pic that I get to see of you, the first sight I have of you, is of you and your car, I'm movin' on!

Going along the same lines, I don't need to see a pic of you and a jersey from your favorite sports team, guys! Think about your audience!

Smile!

Avoid the senior picture.

Keep your shirt on. Seriously.

If you've got a kid in the photo, I might just assume it's yours. Or I might assume you like kids. Could go either way. One will send me away. One will draw me in. It's a toss up.

If you've got a pet with you in the photo, I'm out.

If you've got a bottle of beer with you in the photo, I'm out.

If it's a picture of you and another guy, how do we know which one you are?

If it's a picture of you with a hot girl, we're gonna wonder who she is and what role she plays in your life.

Don't just TELL me that you're funny. Say something funny instead.

Don't be so laid back that you don't have any of your own opinions and convictions.

Don't just tell me what you do. Tell me what you're passionate about.

If your screen name is EZMONEY, I'm sooooo gone.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Nice tips!!! So...what's with the singles ads? =)
    One of my other friends (Cristina) signed up on Match.com and ended up getting paired with a guy that she had known from college! She already knew that they wouldn't make a good romantic pair but they had fun laughing that it took match.com to strike up their friendship again =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Jen, nice. And I totally agree on the shirtless guy ads! Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. About my last comment - it wasn't match.com, it was eharmony. not really important so I don't know why I felt I had to clarify, but there you have it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just looking into some options, that's funny about Cristina & eharmony.
    And, yes, even if it's light beer, I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive