2 firsts

September 30, 2008

I'm not sure how this blog never got posted last week.



7:01 pm 9.25.08

I'm doing laundry, making dinner.

My doorbell rings. That's weird. I look out my window, unable to see the front door unfortunately, but able to look for a familiar vehicle. None.

I was in decent enough loungewear that I could be in front of someone else. So I went to the door, and for the first time, was prepared to actually not open it. With everything that's been going on lately, I HAVE to be paranoid.

It was just my neighbor with some of our mail that had been delivered to her by mistake.

We conversed a bit, and then she randomly asked if I had surgery. That was the first time anybody has asked me about it. Part of the loungewear I was wearing was a tank top, and it was revealing the scar. It was an awkward conversation, and I tried to take the blame for the poor scaring, rather than letting her blame my doctor.

I don't know. WAS there anything my doctor could have done differently? I guess it doesn't matter now. I might see a plastic surgeon.

My neighbor said it looked just like her scar from her heart surgery. Maybe that should be story from now on.

On a side note, I graduated from Physical Therapy today.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive