A Confession, a Plan, and an Achievement

June 17, 2008

Confession:

In the last 15 years or so I had ridden a bike once. Three years ago. For about 1 minute. Screaming and yelling the whole time, "I'M RIDING A BIKE! I'M RIDING A BIKE!"

As my brother & sister-in-law have recently been biking anywhere and everywhere, it's been on my mind a lot. Yesterday I had the perfect opportunity to try again. I had just had a great walking workout and was visiting with Andy outside their place when Jen showed up on her bike.

Plan:

Step 1: Get on the bike.
Step 2: Ride the bike.
Step 3: Get off the bike.
Bonus for not falling.

Achievement:





You have no idea how big of an accomplishment this was! Ok, maybe Holly would understand. Yea, me!!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Lookin' good. How did it feel to be riding again? They say that is one thing you never forget how to do. I personally think you may not forget, but it sure can be shakey and scarey to be on wheels again. Glad you got the "bonus" for not falling.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive