Good Things

July 28, 2008

I LOVE accomplishing things. There’s just something great about seeing the evidence of my work. Even if it’s as simple as washing dishes and seeing them all stacked in my dish drainer. And then putting away the dry dishes and seeing the empty dish drainer. I like being able to take pride in my work. I wonder if that’s a bad thing, but I don’t believe it is. God has given me the ability to work, and it’s a good thing to use it.

I feel like I’m learning a lot about my posture with all the physical therapy and everything related to the DO. I tend to tense up my shoulders without realizing it. Over time, I have gotten used to the incorrect posture and habits, so now I’m trying to retrain my body. It’s harder to do when I’m sleeping and tensing even in my sleep. But I’m learning and becoming aware. And that’s a good thing.

Other good things…

I spent this weekend in Columbus, Ohio. Got to see old friends and their amazing talents as their play writing was put on stage and performed in 10 short plays. I like the theatre.

I organized a wonderful send-off for our friend Stephen. A lot of friends of his from his time in Indiana came to show their love and support and say goodbye. Many contributed towards a cash gift to help Stephen with gas to make it out to California. And we closed with a time of prayer for Stephen as he takes this next step in his life’s journey. It was beautiful to see such love and such impact that he has had on others and that others have had on him. It was an honor to be a part of his circle of South Bend friends.

This was my first party hosting in a year and a half. I used to entertain all the time, and then I got burnt out. I think I’m gonna try to bring it back and see how it goes. Stephen’s party was at a park. The next farewell party will be at my house. That adds a new twist to it. I’m looking forward to it.

I officially have a guest bedroom now. That was one of yesterday’s many accomplishments. I did some rearranging and put a new bed in there. Well, really an old bed I guess. My old bed, as I got a new one. I still need to find bedding (hopefully I can find something in my parents’ linen closet), but the room is really cute, and it makes me happy.

I was blabbing the other day about how much I love brunch. It’s a step above lunch. “Let’s meet for lunch” is too professional. “Let’s meet for coffee” is too noncommittal. Everybody meets for dinner. And who wants to meet for breakfast? No one. Meeting for brunch is perfect. 9 of us met for brunch yesterday. And it was perfect. Coffee sipping, food sharing, pleasant conversing. And all at a big round table. Maybe that was another thing that made it so enjoyable and comfortable. Another: my blueberry banana pancakes.

I can think of plenty of bad things to write about, but sometimes I just need to focus on the good.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive