Surprise Date #2

July 20, 2009

A couple few weeks ago Josh planned a surprise date for me. I returned the favor yesterday.

We did brunch at the wonderful, locally owned (!) Uptown Kitchen - soooo good AND fun! I would definitely recommend it if you haven't been! The owner came around & visited with us for a couple minutes. It was very neat.


Then we went over to Jumpin' Juice & Java, enjoyed visiting with some friends, hanging out, sipping fruit smoothies, reading the paper - oh, and a private concert from Jars of Clay!




From there, we headed to downtown South Bend to catch an afternoon game of Silver Hawks baseball! Even though we lost, it was still fun watching the crazy antics of Swoop and company.


We went home to watch a couple episodes of Arrested Development and let our tummies get hungry! Then we promptly filled them up with great food at Papa Vino's!



It was a wonderful day with my wonderful boyfriend!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow! That was like 4 or 5 dates all rolled into one! You did a good job with that one, JJ. Maybe I should do a surprise date with Dad. You could give me suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, can I just say that I am so jealous! a private Jars of Clay concert! How lucky can a girl get, a wonderful evening with a wonderful boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How private was the concert and how did you know about it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan, there were about 50 people there. I was invited by the guy organizing it. It was a celebration to bring attention to Jars' Blood Water Mission to get clean water to Africa.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive