You never know what you’ll encounter…

May 06, 2008

On my morning walk today I came across a man about 40. We exchanged greetings as we continued walking. A couple blocks later, I encountered another man about 40 who stopped me, got right in my face (we’re talking a foot away; hello, invasion of personal space!!), and said, “Do you have a man? Can I be your man, baby?” I smiled politely and said “No thank you”, as I continued walking. He wished me a Happy Mother’s Day followed by “AND Memorial Day!”

A couple blocks later a man about 30 across the street had a full conversation with a barking dog, which ended with him singing “Who let the dogs out?” and laughing hysterically.

Welcome to the neighborhood I work in. We are right between residential and commercial. If I would have gone to the east instead of the west, I would have encountered business professionals so focused on work they probably wouldn’t have even seen me.

I’m not sure which is better – being hit on by a strange man or being ignored.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I think being hit on my a not so strange man would be the best scenario! LOL I dunno I think sometimes ANY attention is better than no attention. Thanks for the blogs! I really enjoy them! Jennifruit =-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive