Great Evening!

May 18, 2010

Today was a not so great day. It included a trip to the BMV, which automatically takes it out of contention for a great day.

But I just kept plugging away, working hard. Then I realized I needed to go home quickly to change clothes for the baseball game.

Our church sponsors a southeast little league team, and tonight was our night. I'm not gonna lie; heading over I was not thrilled due to the rain and cold temps. But I bundled up in layers and took my best baseball bleachers blanket. Got to visit with some girls from my Growth Group and enjoy the game AND an awesome hot dog-the little joys in life.

I left after about 1 1/2 hours and then headed to my parents' to spend some time with them. Mom is going out of town for a few days so I wanted to say goodbye to her. Dad was nice enough to transfer the license plates so I can drive Bo legally. Yes, my new car is a boy, and his name is Bo. So far we are getting along great!

I decided to take Bo over to Elkhart to meet Coby (Josh's car) as I surprised Josh. Yah, sometimes I just can't stay away from him. :)

So, we watched some tv, researched honeymoon accommodations online, snuggled, and had our daily devotional time of reading a Psalm and praying together. (Caren, we have added your house sale to our prayers. We've already been praying for you and Chad in other ways. Keep us posted.)

I am getting really excited about the honeymoon. We just got information about a special package deal that we can take advantage of - similar to when we went to Bloomington for a weekend getaway!

On the way home, I filled Bo up with gas for the first time. Everything with Bo is exciting, and I'm so reminded not to take things for granted. This is a lesson God has been reminding me of a lot lately. Most recently - to not take our jobs for granted. We are blessed in so many ways. I don't say so to brag, but to give glory to God.

I am reminded of a song that says, "I have been blessed; now I'm gonna be a blessing." I want to be open to allowing God to use me to bless others. Any thoughts or ideas on how I/you/we can be a blessing to others?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Aww! Thanks! We appreciate the prayers...a ton!

    I'm happy to read that you and Bo are getting along. I love that you name your cars; I've owned 5 cars and I haven't named any of them...kinda sad, huh?

    And being a blessing to others...just be you. The fact that you're praying for me is a huge blessing to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive