Car Update

May 13, 2010

I was just thinking this evening, "Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a month since my car accident. Almost a month without a car. Almost a month that I've been inconveniencing my parents and using their car. And there's no end in sight."

All along, Josh & I have been praying specifically that God would make it very clear to us what car we should get. There had been a few potentials along the way but never ones that were very clear to us that we should get.

So, we've kept searching. And we've kept praying about it every day.

My mom is driving out of town next week, and Dad will need transportation while she's away. I knew I had til Wednesday. Since I am ridiculously busy, that meant I had part of Friday evening and part of Saturday to find a car, have it looked it, bargain the price down, and purchase it. Hello, pressure.

I'm not gonna lie; a couple of the last few days have been really discouraging. Now add in the pressure of the time constraint, and we're up for real fun!

Tonight I shut my phone off during Josh's concert (they, by the way, did a fAbuLoUs job!!), and it was off for a couple few hours. When I turned it back on there was a voicemail. It was from Shellie, my Pampered Chef consultant who is organizing our Pampered Chef shower, so naturally I assumed the call was regarding the shower.

Wrong!

"Hi, Jennifer. This is Shellie. I was calling to let you know I have a car for you. For free."

A friend of theirs from church is giving me his car. I've been told it's rusty and needs new tires eventually. I believe it's bigger than I wanted. But suddenly I just don't care anymore. I don't care if it has crank windows, a cassette player, and a silly sounding horn. It's free! I feel so lavished upon.

After getting the voicemail, I was so sunned I was speechless. This, as Josh can attest to, does not happen often!

Josh: "Did you want a Buick?"

Me: "No."

Josh: "Let me put it this way: Will you consider a Buick?"

Me: "YES! Of course."

Praise the Lord for His goodness and for others sharing their blessings. He certainly did make it very clear indeed!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. YEA...See God did your car shopping for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Rocks.... period. He tends to provide in ways only He could. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, that is wonderful!

    Now, WE are praying for a car! There was a lady we know who gave us a car... but if we put money into all the work that it needs, it will actually not be worth it with how much the car is worth (or not worth, as the case may be!) We are using my grandparents' car, but my parents will need that when my dad starts working. Thankfully, that could still be a ways off, but he really has no idea when that will happen. So, we are praying for God's provision, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God provides so immensely! Awesome!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! God is amazing! And a Buick isn't so bad--my Buick has treated me really well ... I hope yours will treat you well, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME! Now since you and Josh seem to have a direct line to God, can you let God know that my house needs to be sold ASAP. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the verbatim quote of our conversation at DQ. :) God is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive