Road Trip to Nebraska, by the numbers

April 30, 2008

I recently went on a road trip with a college roommate to go visit another college roommate. Here's a glimpse into our adventure:

  • Number of different beverages consumed: 8
  • Number of gigantic American flags seen: 6
  • Number of World's Largest Truck Stops seen: 1 (there only IS one)
  • Number of stops for Fast Food: 4
  • Number of Adult Bookstores seen from I-80: 3
  • Number of Outlet Malls seen from I-80: 3
  • Number of degrees dropped in one day: 38!
  • Number of funeral processions encountered: 1
  • Number of "modern" rest areas seen from I-80: 2
  • Number of strangers who waved at us: 5
  • Number of college friends mentioned or discussed: 23
  • Number of wrong turns: 1 (in SB)
  • Number of stops of gas: 8
  • Number of Kum & Go gas stations: countless
  • Number of CD's listened to: 20
  • Number of states traveled thru: 4
  • Number of Facebook status updates via mobile: 8
  • Number of times down an Ice Cream Cone Slide: 5
  • Number of pancakes/waffle syrups sampled: 5
  • Number of shoes in vehicle traveling west: 9
  • Number of shoes in vehicle traveling east: 11
  • Number of times I-pass was used, saving time AND money: 4
  • Number of John Denver songs sung accapella: 2
  • Number of conversations about sex: 3
  • Number of conversations about future children: 5
  • Number of times we got mooned: 1
  • Number of times we mooned others: 0
  • Number of times seeing police lights in the rearview mirror: 2
  • Number of times pulled over by the police: 1
  • Number of tickets received from the police: 0
  • Number of miles traveled: 1,403
  • Fastest speed reached: 84

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I LOVE this blog post! Soo fun. I just read it out loud to your brother and he liked it too. Sounds like you had a fun trip and I look forward to hearing more stories in real life soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see a picture of that Ice Cream Cone Slide! And just what IS an Air Hog anyway???

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah... so... about the mooning...



    sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... just read this post and it is HILARIOUS!!! :) I especially enjoyed the part about the mooning.. hmmm... :)I think yo just might have to fill me in on the details surrounding this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive