Earthquake?

April 18, 2008

The MidWest was struck with an earthquake early this morning. While I slept miserably last night and woke up a lot, I don’t recall ever waking up and feeling the house or my bed shaking.

Everybody’s talking about it today, sharing stories of how they felt it and how it woke them up. And I’m actually kinda disappointed that I didn’t get to experience it. They’ve also been feeling the aftershocks throughout the day, and again, nothing for me. I’m feeling left out.

I’ve felt just one earthquake in my life. At work in California one morning suddenly dizzy, it felt like either I or the room was swaying back and forth. When it didn’t let up, I started thinking, “Is that an earthquake???” My co-worker next to me said, “You feel that?” I nodded speechless. My brother then called and asked if I had felt it.

Apparently it was a non-traditional earthquake, the locals told me. It was more of a “rolling” earthquake. But I don’t have anything to compare it to. I used to frequently think I was experiencing an earthquake as I was laying in bed at my home in Burbank. But it turned out it was just a train from a few blocks away. Every morning I felt it, though, my first thought was, “Earthquake?”

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I felt it!!!

    I was awake (big surprise!) and I wasn't actualy sure if it was an earthquake or not at first. I know this sounds weird but sometimes I have "imagined" earthquakes, sort of like sometimes it seems like the room is spinning when you close your eyes? WEll sometimes I think the ground is a little shaky when I'm laying in bed, yes I know I am weird! =) Anyway, I figured out it WAS an earthquake and was about to grab Natalie and Claire and get the heck out of there when it stopped. Anyway, that's my big story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry - Kevin nor I felt it either, but I still felt left out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive