Scary Week

October 05, 2009

It wasn't that long ago when I went into a panic because we only had 103 people registered for this weekend's house tour. Suddenly I've tripled the registration, and I am overwhelmed with reservations coming in at the last minute.

All morning I was on the phone & email assisting people non-stop. I would return a call and then hang up, and there would be 2 new messages waiting for me. I put my phone on Do Not Disturb at 12:30 and never turned it off.

Tomorrow I will go back and have a million more messages to take care of.

I took a late lunch (something I've been doing a lot lately) because I was swamped. I met with a reporter for the Tribune. I ran errands for my boss. I worked late - til 6:15 and then went straight from work to church for a Home Management class I'm taking. A class that covers a lot of information and requires you to do homework. I can't handle homework. Not now.

Tomorrow evening is my one free night, so I will get caught up at home and hopefully get to do some relaxing. Oh wait, I have a bunch of homework to do. I can't relax.

Wednesday is a new book club; I need to read assignments for that in advance, along with FPU class readings.

Thursday Jay and Ginny and little baby Cole will be in town from Wisconsin, so I'll be spending time with them then.

Friday evening is Josh's high school reunion party part one.

Saturday is brunch at Jen & Andy's, then Debbie & John's wedding in Elkhart, then high school reunion part two in Niles.

Sunday I leave about 8:30 AM to work the tour and will be there all day. I'll go straight from there to our FPU class.

And then at 8:30 pm Sunday, I will crash. I just hope I can make it til then! I'm scared.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Take a few deep breaths... you WILL make it! At least you have it all mapped out... now you just have to take it one day at a time. Sometimes if I look at the big picture I get overwhelmed and panic, but if I take it in little bits, it's not quite so bad. A lot of the stuff on your list is GOOD-- remember that-- so take time to enjoy it while it is happening and not just think about what's next on the list (very tempting to do.) Sure, you have every right to crash at the end, but you will be able to crash with the knowledge that you accomplished much! Your life is crazy busy this week, but it's only a week in the grand scheme of things... if you think back on your life you will realize that there have been many similar crazy weeks-- maybe not to the extent of this one, but crazy non-the-less... and guess what?? You SURVIVED all of those! :) Go get em girl... and remember God won't give you more than you can handle, and HAS given you many gifts and talents to get you through this time. Just breathe :)
    We'll be praying for you-- and if you need ANYTHING, just call.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen. I appreciate your support & encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen said it all. Nice to have a sissy who can help calm you down and lift you up at the same time. WE are praying for you, too.
    Just breathe.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive