Wings & Women

August 06, 2009

I will admit I have been a little negligent with blogging lately. But I won't confess that as something bad. I always say I'd rather be out living life than just writing about it.

I am filled with joy tonight. So many reasons. Tomorrow is a vacation day. Josh & I got to go up to Niles to hang out with Mike (a good friend of mine from college) as well as his youth group. He's a youth pastor now working in Des Moines, and he is currently leading his kids on an Amazing Race across the Midwest! The kids have no idea where they're going or what they're doing. As they travel, they are growing closer to each other, closer to God with devotions Mike is leading every day, and they are serving others along the way. They're also doing some pretty outrageous stuff to win points for their team!

There are 3 teams - Red, Green, and Blue. They are frequently posting updates, photos, and video while they journey. You can take a look at their blogs for a peak into the craziness! It was such a great experience to be a part of it tonight! Here's a picture of the hottest wings you can find in the area. You can check out the videos I posted on my facebook to see what happened with the wings!

Also, I planned part of their adventure while in the area here. I can't share yet what they'll be up to tomorrow (it's still a secret!), but I know they will have fun! :)

I wish I could be around to watch it unfold tomorrow, but I am leaving town at 6 AM. Another reason to be full of joy. Well, not the 6 AM part, but... I am excited for the trip. Josh's mom Janice, my mom, and myself, along with a few other ladies who I don't know are driving down to Indianapolis to join thousands of other ladies for Women of Faith - a Christian women's retreat. It will be all day Friday and all day Saturday, and then we'll drive back Saturday night. I've wanted to go to one of these for awhile, so when Janice invited me, I jumped at the chance.

I'd better get packing, huh?! 5 AM is gonna come very soon!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I went to Women of Faith several years ago with my mom and aunt. Loved it!! God bless you and your time there!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive