Valentine's Day

February 15, 2009

I had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I got to sleep in and enjoy some 90's music on U93 before heading out to my church. It was my first time being involved in REEF (Reaching Everyone, Evangelizing Freely), our No-Strings-Attached ministry to the community. I loved it and wish it could have lasted longer! Very simply, I went out with a couple other ladies and gave flowers and candy to strangers in the Target parking lot! I smiled and said, "This is for you! Happy Valentine's Day from Living Stones Church!" People were always pleasantly surprised.

I then spent a couple hours back home, tidying up my apartment and myself, getting all prettied up for the evening. My honey arrived early and we exchanged gifts. I surprised Josh with a Columbia jacket we had seen at Kohl's the other day. It had been a challenge to talk him out of buying it without talking him out of liking it! He surprised me with beautiful bright pink roses and a gift bag full of goodies - a layered candle that matches my living room, cd's full of songs that remind him of me (this makes my heart melt!), a photo album inscribed with "We remember the moments" for all my photo-documenting, yummy chocolates, and a wonderful card, which I treasure.

Then it was on to dinner at Bonefish Grill. It was my first time there, and it was good! The haddock special I ordered was amazing! After dinner we had some time, so we wandered around the mall. It was fun since we were all dressed up. People kept complimenting us. I guess they don't typically see that at the mall!

We headed downtown to the Morris for the symphony! They, along with two vocalists, did a special show called "Love Songs from Hollywood to Broadway." It was such a delight! Afterwards, we walked to the Chocolate Cafe, the place of our first date. We reminisced and picked out some chocolates to sample, along with chocolate covered strawberries, which I must say, I boldly proclaimed that mine are better. I guess that means I'd better remember how to make them.

We came back home to relax for awhile before calling it a night. The day was preceded by dinner with my family (the first meeting!) and wandering and meandering around various stores Friday and followed by attending church together and enjoying lunch with his family Sunday.

I am crazy about this man! I don't care if we're dressed up at the symphony listening to love songs or sitting at the cafe at Barnes and Noble flipping thru magazines, sipping coffee. As long as I am with Joshy, I am happy. The Lord has blessed me - with Josh and with both our families.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This made me all misty-eyed! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda agree with Becky - it made me a little teary to see how excited you were/are. I'm SO excited for you (and Josh)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sissy!
    Sounds like you guys had a great valentines day! I hope that things are going great for you! Stay in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! I'm glad you had a great Valentine's Day! You deserve it! :) See you at your PARTAYY! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive