A Night Off

July 23, 2008

Wow, it’s so great to have a night off every now and then. I feel like I got so much accomplished last night! I remember at one point thinking I couldn’t believe it was only 7:00 because I had already done so much.

I did laundry. I picked up around the apartment. I worked on an upcoming event I’m organizing. I talked with Jac (yah, that was on my To Do list; otherwise it wouldn’t get done). I finished up the slide show. I did my physical therapy exercises. And I even watched a movie! Office Space – what a joy!

And then I decided to go to bed early for a second night in a row. That is such a treat for me! I love it and want to keep it up! I feel like I have more energy during the day, which is something I really need!

I’m feeling a whole lot better since the injections Monday evening. Thank you for your concern. I’m trying to be more aware of my posture in the car and at my desk.

Today will be a long day in the office, as I have to work through lunch (don’t get me started). Any time I have to eat at my desk I try to do it up right – real food, rather than fast food wrappers. So I have spaghetti, chicken, and garlic bread. A real meal. Thanks to my neighbors. Would it be wrong to pay them to cook for me?... Something to consider.

I’m looking forward to things coming up – dinner with my friend Tess this evening. We’ll have lots to catch up on. Meeting my friend Emily for dinner & church tomorrow along with her two kids. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen them, so it will be fun to see how they’ve grown.

And Friday evening is a farewell party I’m throwing for Stephen. I’m starting to realize I might be in over my head a bit here… Oh well. I’ll survive. One way or another.

Here are a few pictures from the last time I hung out with Tess.

Tess wasn't quite sure how to eat her chocolate waffle cone with chocolate custard and cookie dough.


People like to take diagonal pictures of me for some reason.


This dog had his own ice cream dish; it was sick.

We got to enjoy a beautiful sunset beyond Hooters.

Who knows what we'll end up doing tonight?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a great evening last night! I am so proud of all that you accomplished.

    Hey-- let me know what sort of help you need for Friday nights party. I would be more than willing to do anything so that you don't feel too overwhelmed! Remember, it's supposed to be FUN!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive