Perfect

November 03, 2009

Things have been . . . pretty much just . . . perfect lately.

I know life hasn't really been "perfect". Of course there are problems. There are struggles.

But I'm overwhelmed by the good in all of it.

The other day, Josh and I went to the ND - Boston College game. I described the experience to a friend as "perfect."

And that's really how it felt.

Even though it was 40 degrees with wind chills in the 30's.
Even though we got rained on.
Even though my face got wind burned.
Even though I got tired of all the walking.
Even though the lines to the bathroom went way out into the lobby & it took me 10 minutes to unpeel all my layers of clothes to go to the bathroom.

It was still perfect.

But it wouldn't have been nearly as perfect if Josh wouldn't have been with me. Everything is better with Josh there.

We've been spending a lot of time together, particularly on the weekends. And every weekend has been perfect. No matter what we're doing.

Whether we're running around from high school reunions, brunch, a wedding, and a house tour in one weekend or whether we're just chilling at home watching a movie or just out getting groceries together . . . it's been perfect.

I'm filled with joy! I wish you could hear the song in my soul!

I am so grateful that God has blessed me with Josh. It has reminded me, with a new perspective, of how my relationship with the Lord can be.

Even in uncertain economic times
Even with the reality of job loss
Even though I go through pain, physical or emotional
Even with loss of insurance, loss of a loved one, lack of sleep, overwhelming bills, uncertainty of your future, sickness and disease . . .

We may not call it perfect. It sure doesn't feel perfect. But it is better because God is there. Right by my side. Right by your side. He's never leaving. Invite Him in.

I first started this post last week and was hesitant to continue it simply because I know many people are going through many struggles, and I didn't want to appear to be bragging about how grand life is.

But I pray you will be reminded, as I have been, that God is there, the ever present help in our time of need. And life is truly better with Him.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Nicely said. God truly does make everything better. Thank you for the reminder to thank Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great analogy, Jen. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jennifer! I really needed this today.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive