WEEEEEE-kend!!!

May 09, 2009

What a fun, full weekend!

Last night after work I met up with my honey and did a little window shopping in my fave town - Nappanee, IN. Then we headed to Warsaw to meet up with my college roomies Becky & Sarah for dinner. It was bittersweet as this was Becky's last trip to the area for quite awhile and it was announced that Sarah is moving back to Montana within the next week or two. Very sad the more I think about it.

But we made sure to enjoy last night and make more memories together again. Wonderful Josh put up with our stories and our antics and was willing to play photographer for us. We had dinner at our fave Haci, toured campus, and then had Ritter's frozen custard before calling it a night.

Today I got up early for Book Club/Bible Study. It was a nice time gathering and discussing with other women and getting to know eachother better.

Then my new roomie and I went to brunch at Tradewinds! Yes, roomie. It wasn't that long ago that I was sulking about being lonely at home. And suddenly this opportunity came up. I am excited to have a new roomie. And we had a nice time enjoying brunch and chatting. This afternoon I have been trying to tackle all of my stuff that is in her new room and her new closet so she actually has room for her things! I'm trying to stay energized to also do laundry, change bedding, and bake pumpkin bread. We'll see how long it lasts.

Tomorrow will be church, and Josh will join my family for a Mother's Day lunch and afternoon of hanging out and perhaps going on a local Home Tour.

I'm already dreading Monday morning and even tomorrow night, as I have to be at work by 6 AM. How's that for starting my week? Ugh. Coffee will be a necessity.

Here are some pics from last night in Warsaw:

dinner @ Haci...

we love our burt's bees & we love to coordinate outfits...

in front of our dorm...

having fun in the campus post office...

i'm pretty good at making that face...

i love these girls...

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Thanks for posting these pics! It was wonderful to see you! I think my favorite pic is the one in the post office--Sarah and I look a little tentative, but you're all like, "I am a Charlie's Angel!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should amend your Westy caption to read, "In front of our dorm, where we were never allowed to go."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am rather embarrassed. I thought you were kidding when you posted on my FB that you found a new roommate! That's great! Do I know the lucky roommate? Tell her (or him?) that your former roommate Alicia says, "Living with Jennifer was one of the best experiences of my life. She didn't get mad at me when I accidentally dropped a blender full of boiling hot pumpkin soup all over her kitchen. She watched my favorite show Arrested Development frequently. We enjoyed Laundrypaloozas together. She let my soon-to-be husband vent all of his work frustrations in her living room. And last but not least, we had the cutest little pet bat named Hoover!"Ahh, great times!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive