Bunches of Bananas

March 15, 2009


Due to unforeseen circumstances which shall remain unmentioned... Friday I became the proud owner of about 30 extremely ripe bananas. Ok, if you're REALLY curious, just ask or beg, and I suppose I can tell you the details.

Regardless of how I got them, I have them. So, what does one do with 30ish extremely ripe bananas? Bake banana bread of course!!

Yesterday I made 4 loaves - 1 for my downstairs neighbors, 1 for my boyfriend and his brother, 1 for my boyfriend's parents, and, since I figured I should sample what I'm giving away, 1 for me.

I plan on making more. Yesterday's loaves were made with a recipe from my dear friend Kelli, and I added chocolate chips! I think I'll mix in some other recipes just for fun. Pretty soon though I'll have to go get more flour and sugar. It's amazing how quickly it disappears when you're baking 4 loaves of bread in one day!

But before I did any baking, I went shopping and bought myself adorable mixing bowls and loaf pans! First time I've owned either - can you believe it?! One step closer. One step closer.

What fun!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The banana choc-chip bread looks delicious!
    Do your momma and daddy rate a loaf?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive