Gratitude

October 04, 2008

I've been faced with some challenging circumstances lately which skew my thinking towards negativity. However, all of the sudden all of these blessings came to mind, and I wanted to share with you things I am grateful for, in no particular order:

  • homemade puppy chow (AKA muddy buddies)
  • talking with friends
  • bonding with friends
  • praying with friends
  • a common faith and common goals
  • learning
  • growing
  • quiet time
  • down time
  • sleep
  • reading
  • writing
  • getting organized
  • meeting friends' families
  • a clean apartment
  • scented candles
  • the amazing generous, helpful spirit of my friends and family
  • random conversations with strangers
  • my education - high school and college
  • my experiences and learning from them
  • learning from others' experiences
  • God's protection and provision over me
  • being reminded to forgive, even when it's not asked for
  • brunch
  • trying new things
  • my abilities and talents
  • out of town friends from far far away suddenly here in my town for a few days
  • a kitchen full of fresh fruit
  • freedom
  • beauty
  • second (and third) chances
  • new purses and necklaces
  • a beautiful day
  • the weekend
  • new fun underwear
  • pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin donuts
  • the fact that I received a raise
  • good conversations
  • advice from friends
  • knowing the difference between "advice" and "advise"
  • all the last minutes details finally getting worked out
  • relief and weight lifted off my shoulders
  • vacationing in New England
  • reminiscing about Europe
  • looking forward to Texas
  • spending time at Target
  • singing
  • laughter
  • confidence
  • knowledge
  • moving on
  • looking ahead
  • the best is yet to come

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That is a nice long list! Thanks for sharing your "grateful list" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for looking forward to Texas!!!! I'm excited and grateful for that one too! : )

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive