On Dream Jobs

January 27, 2016


I'm working at Starbucks for a bit today.  Not "my" Starbucks, but instead the one by my parents' place.

This location is where I spent hour after hour, day after day, trying to adjust to a new old life over 10 years ago.

I had moved back home after being out on my own a couple thousand miles away on the West Coast.

And I tried to adjust by writing.

Are you familiar with NaNoWriMo?  It stands for something like National Novel Writing Month, and I think it's officially some month during the fall season, but that year I wrote during August I think. 

The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write an entire novel (50,000 words) in one month.
I didn't reach that goal.
But I wrote my heart out.
It was my way to process the huge life adjustment that I was undergoing.

It was a couple months after that that I started "blogging" via MySpace.

Ha ha, MySpace...  Can you call it blogging if it's not on a real blog?

I guess if I can participate in NaNoWriMo (that is seriously NOT easy to type, by the way) in August, I can blog via MySpace, huh?

Today I posed the question on the social media pages I manage for a small business, "What is your too-good-to-be-true dream job?"

For me, this is it.

Writing.

It's kind of scary to admit it.

But I'm learning to embrace it.
To pursue it.
To study it.
To grow it.

I believe God has gifted us individually with talents and passions and skills, and my gift is writing and encouraging.

This year I'm trying to remove the excess stuff in my schedule.  The stuff I'm not gifted in but I'm somehow still participating in.  It's not a goal to remove those items so I can just have a more simplified life or more time to relax and play Candy Crush.  It's so I can have more time to practice and strengthen my gifts.

This is me.  My one life.  I want to be the best me I can be and live the life that He has called it to be.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive