Rest

January 22, 2016


With a name like Very Sleepy Girl, it shouldn't surprise you that I am often tired.

Some days of being endlessly on the go, I get home and just want to sit on my Ikea Ektorp sofa, put my slipper covered feet up on my second-hand painted coffee table, and just rest for a moment.

But, a certain four-year-old in my house expects three meals a day.

Thankfully we've got her doing a self-serve breakfast most days, but that still leaves two other meals to prepare.

{By the way, I am super grateful for a selfless husband who knows how to cook, cooks better than me, and often handles dinner responsibilities, just in case that needed stating.}

The other day, the selfish, sleepy part of me SO wanted a break, and this verse came to my mind:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

I find such comfort in that verse.  I know I'm not alone in my weariness.  Christ calls me to Him in my weakness.  And in my weakness, His power is made perfect, and His grace is sufficient for me (2 Corinthians 12:9).

I often personalize Matthew 11:28 in my head something along the idea of,

"Come to me, Jennifer.  You weary, exhausted, broken, tired mama.  And in me you will find rest."

Do you need rest?  Do you need comfort or encouragement?  I pray you can find it in Him.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive