No Spend Month

January 07, 2016


We are attempting to do a No Spend Month.

We did this two years ago and called it a Spending Freeze.

Whichever terminology you use, I think you get the gist of it.

I suppose the details can be set by each person individually.  For us, it means we can still get grocery necessities, but we do try to use up more food already in our pantry and freezer.

It's been super hard.

We still treat ourselves to some restaurant meals, thanks to gift cards.

And I've bought a couple cups of coffee with coins from my "piggy bank."

My version of a piggy bank.  Yes, I literally brought it with me to the coffee house.

Yesterday I heard Target had 90% off Christmas clearance.  I decided I had to go.

What can I say?  I'm weak.

Especially when it comes to Target.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, there really wasn't much we needed.  We just got a couple holiday food items and bought them with a gift card.

I've said this for years:  I would love to take part in an experiment to see the impact Target has on me physically.  I know the effects it has on me mentally and emotionally, but I would like to see if my breathing and heart rate increase when I enter the store or when I spot a clearance section.  So, if you hear of anyone conducting such an experiment, let them know I'm a willing participant.

Anyways, it's only one week in.  We'll see how the next three go.

Sigh...  Anyone want to take me to lunch?

Coffee?

Anyone have any tips for surviving a No Spend Month?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive