Thankful

November 23, 2011

  • A growing baby who is gradually getting back up to her birth weight (her two week old goal), who lost her umbilical cord stump today, and who, according to her doctor, has the strength of a two MONTH old!
  • An amazing husband - he gets up with little one in the night, he changes diapers, he picks her outfits, he makes me breakfast, he gives me awesome foot massages, he does laundry, he makes dinner, he washes dishes, he puts together bottle drying racks, he runs errands and gets us groceries and other necessities - and he does all this in a single day! You wouldn't believe all he has done to help me physically as I have recovered from the c-section.

  • Family nearby - both Josh's parents and mine have been a tremendous help and I know they will continue to be so. It's also such a blessing to have my brother and his wife nearby who I can go to with endless questions since they are walking this same journey as us, just 3 months ahead of us.

  • Simple pleasures - the beautiful sunshine today, being able to get out, leave the house, drive through neighborhoods I haven't seen in weeks, run errands - even if it just meant sitting in the car with Baby while Daddy goes in to all the stores for us.

  • God - from whom all blessings flow!

  • Sleep, which is where I am headed now. Who knows for how long...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive