In the Hospital

November 02, 2011

The words of Jennifer (as scribed by Josh):


My BP was not surprisingly high (AGAIN) at this morning's appointment. As I suspected, they sent me back to St. Joe (AGAIN); however, this time they sent me to an actual room in labor and delivery.

They said outpatient bed rest isn't working for me so they want to monitor me here for AT LEAST 24 hours. Baby was showing signs of distress on the monitor and ultrasound. There were drops in her heart rate and there were issues with the umbilical cord's whereabouts (wrapped twice around the back of the neck - ??).

My blood pressure readings have been totally fine (go figure) while here at the hospital. They won't induce for high blood pressure until 39 weeks, unless pre-eclampsia is diagnosed. This is one week from today, so they may keep me here all week. They are collecting all my urine for at least 24 hours to check for any hints of protein. I have an IV in my right hand, which is unfortunate, as I am right handed. It is far too painful to use my hand. BOO! I'm resting on my side and already sore from this hard "bed".

The nurses and doctors are great and they keep a very watchful eye on me. If/when we get to 39 weeks, there is a good chance they will do a C-section to prevent labor trauma to baby, since she has shown signs that she won't handle it real well.

The doctors and nurses will continue to monitor me throughout the night and run more tests in the morning. I will be VERY surprised if they let me go home tomorrow.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Praying fervently for you and Baby Girl. You know that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful for modern medicine! I'm sure my oldest wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that (and for the Lord of course ;-)) For my last baby, I had to do a 24 hour pee collection, but I was at home. The stupid thing was that I had insisted on going to the church staff Christmas party that night and I went...carrying along my jug of pee. Sigh. The dumb things we do.

    And for the record, I've had 1 natural birth and 2 c-sections...I would take a c-section hands down! Keep relaxing and doing what's best for baby, that's the most important thing right now, as I'm sure you know. You will surprisingly forget about the pain and it will make a great story someday. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive