Catherine Addison 11-11-11

December 12, 2011







Our girl has been turning out world upside down for 1 month & 1 day now. Wow, nothing can prepare you for parenthood. Nothing.

It's awesome and terrifying, joyful and torturous all at the same time.

Being a mom MAKES you be sacrificial. You can't be a mom without becoming selfless. At least not a good mom.

Anyways, I realized I hadn't even posted her name and stats, so I thought I'd take a quick moment to do that.

Catherine Addison is named after my paternal grandma. I was very close with her and chose Catherine's first name after my grandma's middle name. There was a last minute panic over spelling of the name (because my Grandma spelled it multiple ways), but we had pictured it with a "C" all along, so we stuck with that. Catherine's middle name was a favorite of Josh's. And I realized I can't have everything my way all the time, so I agreed. I'm glad I did. I absolutely love her name and can't picture her as anything else.

Catherine was born at 12:58 pm (my two favorite numbers actually!) on 11-11-11. This birth date was a dream come true for Josh, and I am proud to say I made it happen. The doctors wanted us to get to 11-9 with her. When I conferenced with the on-call doctor regarding specifics of delivery and he said 11-9 was booked, I asked for 11-11 as it worked better with my husband's work schedule. I actually asked for "Friday" and stayed clear of mentioning anything about the fun date of birth of 11-11-11. I figured that wasn't a good enough reason to make that request, so I just stuck to the facts and made it happen.

She weighed 8 lbs, 2 oz. and is now up to 9 lb, 14 oz. She was born 21 inches long with long fingers, big hands, big toes, dark blue-grey eyes, light brown hair, and cuteness all over.

She's eating well and sometimes sleeping well. Sometimes she's a bit stubborn like her mommy and fights going to sleep. She thinks she might miss out on something fun!

We are adjusting to life as a family of 3!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You are right about parenthood, Jennifer:
    (1) Nothing really prepares you for it, no matter how much you hear or read.
    (2) A good mother cannot be self-centered.
    (3) There are challenges all the time but also great joy.

    Your life will NEVER be the same again -- but you wouldn't want it any other way!

    Love from YOUR mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! :) I think the "Nothing really prepares you for it", can be applied to many areas of life.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive