Sleep

January 23, 2009

I have this problem with falling asleep. I still recall repeatedly not being able to stay awake in college classes. I mean, it was like out of control. We’re talking front row, head bobbing repeatedly throughout the class!!

This even happened when I was auditing a class at Notre Dame last year. I was there as a professional, and I was falling asleep just like the other students.

I am reminded of this today as I received a phone call from the professor at ND and remembered my sheepish guilt and embarrassment about not being able to stay awake.

I don’t think this problem is going anywhere, unfortunately. My last night in Cali I was hanging out with friends. We were watching Chocolat with Juliette Binoche, a beautiful flick. Before I knew it, the movie was over. I had fallen into a deep deep sleep, missing about half of the movie. Oh dear.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I guess I have the opposite problem...It literally can take me hours to fall asleep, and once I wake up, I'm up, no going back to bed unless it's actually time for bed. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that, too. I've recently had to stop going to movies that start after 8--too late for me! I especially feel bad I slept almost the whole trip with my mom driving down to Tennessee. I missed the pretty view of the mountains. I should drive next time--that usually helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how this goes. For a while every time I watched a movie late with Kevin, I'd fall asleep. :(

    We usually start our movies earlier now!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive