Rustic Co-Ed Bridal Shower Brunch Part 1

October 01, 2015


There were professional photographers taking fabulous pictures at Saturday's lovely co-ed bridal shower.  But who knows when/if I'll ever have those photos in my possession.  So, I'm sharing the few pictures that I took in the midst of the craziness of last minute details.

My sister-in-law Jen's sister Charissa is getting married in Indy next month, and lots of her friends around here had yet to meet her fiance, so I thought a co-ed shower was the perfect solution.  I offered to host and convinced Jen to host with me.  We make a good team!

I always love brunch.  Except for the fact that it means less time to get things ready.  But beyond that, it provides so much flexibility and fun and general lightheartedness.

We went with a rustic theme, and I got to use a bunch of mason jars for the first time.  Yah, I know, I'm a few years behind when it comes to trends.

Oh well.

The first food idea that really started the whole menu was this bad boy:

oh, YES, that IS chicken + waffles!
That branched into kind of a comfort food theme, adding in some favorites of the bride-to-be.

Our full spread consisted of both savory and sweet:
  • mini quiche (rosemary + tomato and bacon + cheddar
  • mini mac n cheese bites
  • chicken + waffles
  • fruit skewers
  • yogurt parfaits
  • mini muffins (banana nut and lemon poppy seed)
  • monkey bread
  • cranberry almond coffee cake
  • finished with a variety of cupcakes
Bunting courtesy of Monkey and Lamb
"Savory"


"Sweet"



I love menus on display.


 

There's just something so pretty about yogurt parfaits and fresh fruit.
"You are the icing to my cupcake."


Yah, lots of love right there.

I have a bit of an obession extensive collection of partyware, so, yes, all those platters, cake stands, etc. are mine.

Next time I'll share shower details besides just the food spread.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Can you believe I've never had chicken & waffles? Your post inspired me to go searching for an AIP diet approved waffle recipe, and I think I found one, so thanks :-)

    Seriously, though, this spread looks amazing. You're a great party planner!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive